Taking Antibiotics Safely: Steps to Avoid Side Effects
Antibiotics are only required to treat bacterial infections such as pneumonia and sepsis. Antibiotics, on the other hand, do not work on viruses that cause colds, flu, bronchitis, or a runny nose. Antibiotics will not help you if they are not required, and the side effects may be harmful.
Here are steps from your pharmacy in Palm Harbor, Florida to ensure that you and your loved ones are using antibiotics properly at home.
- Remember to take your antibiotics on time. If you forget to take your antibiotic, take it as soon as you remember. Do not take two doses at the same time.
- Continue taking your antibiotics for as long as your doctor prescribes — even if you begin to feel better. Antibiotic resistance is more likely if you stop taking them too soon.
- Do not combine alcohol and antibiotics. Alcohol weakens your immune system, slowing your body’s healing process.
- Antibiotics should be stored exactly as prescribed by your pharmacist.
- Don’t save antibiotics for later. It’s critical to get rid of any leftover antibiotics after you’ve finished your entire course.
- Allow no one to “borrow” or share your antibiotics.
- If you develop diarrhea, contact your doctor as soon as possible.
Antibiotics are likely to be required for you or someone you care for. Knowing how to use them safely is a great way to keep you and your loved ones safe while you work your way back to full health.
St. Mary Pharmacy offers a high-quality pharmacy service in Florida. Our pharmacists are active and dedicated to providing you with the information you require about your medications, over-the-counter medications, medical supplies, and other products.
Visit our drugstore in Palm Harbor, Florida, right now!